For a complete list of Repertoire and Distribution of Parts, click below:
REPERTOIRE FOR CELLISTS CELEBRATION 2015
Pieces for Cellists only. All parts should be memorized.
- Allegro from Book 1. This will have an introduction played by a teacher. Harmony parts by Adam Silverman found here:
- Musette from Book 2.
- Book 1Book 2 (through Hunter’s Chorus): play open G pizzicato half notes throughout the piece. You will play 4 open G half notes as introduction.
- Book 2 (Musette)Book 4: play melody as printed in Suzuki Book 2
- Books 5+: Play harmony as printed in Rick Mooney’s “Suzuki Ensemles for Cello”. Play the harmony in either octave
- Twinkle Bell Canon: NEW! Play the part as assigned on sheet music bellow
Two pieces for All Instruments. Music for cello parts should be known very well, but music can be taped to small riser in front of students. (Use painters tape only)
- Where Love Is Deep (with bowings)
- Books 1-2: Sing & Learn Sign Language of the chorus. In the middle where there is a call and response of the word peace in different languages, the voice students will say the first word and all other students will echo. The third verse and the chorus are the most important.
- Book 3: Sing OR learn cello part
- Books 4+: Learn cello part
- Everyone: Listen to this video
- Thank You Dr Suzuki (Cello part with bowings)