Interested in becoming a Suzuki Teacher?
- Are you a skilled, well-trained professional musician who would like to teach your instrument and work with young children?
- Do you have a genuine affection for children and an interest in helping them develop as human beings through the study of music?
- Are you interested in working in a cooperative atmosphere with children, parents and colleagues?
- If so, you may be interested in investigating the Suzuki approach to music education. Many musicians who use the Suzuki Method have found that it provides a unique avenue for helping children and families as well as providing opportunities for their own growth as musicians, teachers, and human beings.
- Click link to join the Suzuki Association of Utah.
How to Become a Suzuki Teacher
- Take the Every Child Can! (ECC) course.
- Submit your teacher training video audition.
- Join the SAA as a teacher member.
- SAU Active and Advanced Active memberships include an SAA membership. You can contact our membership secretary, Bethany Williams for more information regarding the SAU/SAA memberships or visit our Membership page.
- Take Book training courses: (Books 1 and 2 must be taken in order.)
- Your training must be registered with the SAA. This is usually done by the Institute, workshop, or trainer you take training with.