To honor the memory of Dr. Suzuki by continuing his commitment to teacher education.
Qualifications: Candidate must be a member of SAU.
Terms of Scholarship: Awards will be for $200 toward fees for a Teacher Training course offered at any SAA Institute for the summer of 2015. The winners are responsible for all other associated costs.
Please complete the following application and return it with the requested materials. We would prefer to receive the application and all required documents digitally.
All application materials must be received by February 28, 2015.
Successful applications will be notified by March 25, 2015.
Please include the following information with your application:
- SAU Teacher Development Scholarship Application (pdf) for SAU Teacher Training Scholarship (docx version)
- Resume which includes: academic credentials, any additional formal training, specifics of Suzuki training as a student or as a teacher, professional experience as a performer, teaching experience.
- A statement of three paragraphs that describes:
- Your current professional or academic situations
- Your experience of service to the SAU, SAA or other Suzuki organizations, or willingness to serve.
- Why you are a good candidate for this award
- A one page statement that summarizes the Suzuki philosophy.
Please send all materials by email to Connie McCullough (email found in application)